The academic year in ATEI Thessaloniki consists of two semesters. The winter (odd) semesters begin in September with an examination period for students that have failed their first examination period. Lessons normally start in October and finish in mid January, followed by an examination period. The spring (even) semester normally begins in the last week of February and finishes in the first week of June, followed by an examination period. For the exact academic year diary, incoming students may contact the coordinator.
Two major official vacation periods are included in the academic calendar, i.e. Christmas period (starting around 23 of December), during the winter semester, and Easter period, during the spring semester, both lasting two weeks. Additionally, the following days are national (or local) holidays within the academic calendar: 26th and 28th of October, 17th of November, 30th of January, 25th of March, and 1st of May.
Rights and obligations
In addition to the well defined rights and obligations of Erasmus mobility, as an exchange student you can expect:
- A student-centered, up-to-date and appropriately planned teaching and learning environment.
- To be treated and served in the same way as the local students in all aspects of learning process.
- To have access to all the relevant facilities in the same way as local students.
- A clear and comprehensive schedule of assignments.
- A set of course materials that includes details of course requirements, reading lists, referencing styles and staff contact details.
- The opportunity to feedback on your learning experience.
- A course and exam timetable that allows for adequate breaks and travel times.
- To be told how, when and where you are being examined.
- To be allowed a fair attempt at any exam that counts towards your final grade.
ATEI Thessaloniki will expect you to:
- Participate actively in the teaching and learning process.
- Have the appropriate level of English in order to follow the teaching and learning process.
- Keep yourself informed about the requirements of your courses.
- Feedback on the teaching you experienced
- Behave in a manner appropriate to the ATEI Thessaloniki’s teaching and learning environment and comply with all the predefined regulations.
- Raise any issues with your timetable as soon as you can.
- Be proactive in informing yourself about the rules and regulations for exams.
- Ensure you know the time, venue and duration of all of your exams.
- Know the exam and assignments rules and to abide by them.
- Prepare as best you can for all of your exams.
ATEITH comprises 5 schools (faculties) and 23 Departments offering, in total over 2000, courses/modules for local students. A great number of them (continuously expanding) are offered in English, either with full lectures, lab exercises and project assignments according to the local students’ timetable or with a proper combination of lectures/lab exercises and/or projects, depending on the number of attendees and the course requirements. In any case the learning outcomes (as described in the course catalogue) are guaranteed, provided that the students follow consistently the timetable and instructions given. Details about the courses offered in English can be found in the http://erasmus.teithe.gr/courses_en.html. ATEI Thessaloniki is committed to provide a universally accessible and enjoyable teaching and learning experience for all students. The exchange students MUST contact the coordinator Prof. Nikolaos Exadaktylos before choosing undergraduate courses from the above list
In addition, student can choose courses offered by CITY College, International Faculty of the University of Sheffield. Information about these courses is available in the website http://www.city.academic.gr/courses/courses.asp
All the exchange students can attend the follow master programs independent on the period of mobility offered from the International Hellenic University (http://www.ihu.edu.gr/index.php/schools-faculty.html):
The School of Economics & Business Administration offers the following postgraduate programmes:
- Executive MBA - Next intake January 2014
- MSc in Management - Next intake October 2014
- MSc in Banking & Finance - Next intake October 2014
- MSc in Sustainable Development - Next intake October 2014
- Sustainable Strategies (at the corporate, society and state level)
- Sustainable Tourism
- MSc in Strategic Product Design - Next intake October 2014
- Product Development
- Operational Design
- LLM in Transnational and European Commercial Law & Alternative Dispute Resolution - Next intake October 2014
The School of Humanities offers the following postgraduate programmes:
- MA in Black Sea Cultural Studies - Next intake October 2014
- MA in Art, Law and Economy - Next intake October 2014
The School of Science and Technology offers the following postgraduate programmes:
- MSc in Information & Communication Technology Systems - Next intake October 2014
- MSc in Energy Systems - Next intake October 2014
- Energy Management Stream
- Renewable Energy Stream
In the addition to above, all the exchange students can attend the follow master programs independent on the period of mobility (10-month mobility or 20 month mobility). However, the exchange students attend the follow master programs for 20 months can seek a degree
- MA in Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations
- MA in Digital Marketing & Social Media
- MS in Banking & Finance
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Management (Human Resources Management)
- MSc in Management (Leisure and Tourism Management)
- MSc in Management (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- MSc in Counselling Psychology
- MA in Counselling Psychology with a Practicum
- MSc in Software Engineering and Telecommunications
View all programmes offered by CITYCollege, International Faculty of the University of Sheffield (http://www.city.academic.gr/courses/courses.asp).
Doctorate students and Post-Doc
All doctorate students must follow a sandwich doctorate research. The thematic fields are available in the website http://erasmusmunduseffort.teithe.gr/images/docs/mobility_Thematic_Fields.pdf. All exchange PhD and Post-Doc students must work under the supervision of Professors of ATEI Thessaloniki.
Staff must work in collaboration with Professors of ATEI Thessaloniki